Hyperlink: Apply now for the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card (Charges & Charges) or Capital One Enterprise X Enterprise (Charges & Charges)
Up to now couple of years, Capital One has gotten into the airport lounge recreation. The opening of the primary lounge coincided with the introduction of the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card, which is an unbelievable premium bank card. Now we’ve seen the opening of the second and third lounges within the community, coinciding with the introduction of the Capital One Enterprise X Enterprise, which can be extraordinarily profitable.
Why is Capital One opening airport lounges?
Lounge entry has grow to be a preferred perk for premium bank cards. Traditionally premium bank cards have supplied a Precedence Move membership, offering entry to a big assortment of lounges.
Nevertheless, the key card issuers have now taken it to the subsequent stage, and have began introducing their very own lounges. We’ve seen the introduction of Amex Centurion Lounges, Chase Sapphire Lounges, and Capital One Lounges.
Which airports are getting Capital One Lounges?
Capital One has confirmed plans to open lounges at 4 airports, with three of the 4 being open thus far. Moreover, Capital One has revealed plans for an airport restaurant idea, referred to as Capital One Touchdown, which I’ll additionally cowl under.
I’d count on that over time many extra airports will get lounges, however under are the fundamental particulars of all 4 Capital One Lounges which have been revealed thus far.
Capital One Lounge Dallas Fort Price Airport (DFW)
The Capital One Lounge Dallas Fort Price Airport (DFW) opened in November 2021. The ten,000 sq. foot lounge is situated in Terminal D close to Gate 22.
Capital One Lounge Washington Dulles Airport (IAD)
The Capital One Lounge Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) opened in September 2023. The 8,500 sq. foot lounge is situated close to the safety checkpoint (so not close to any gates).
Capital One Lounge Denver Airport (DEN)
The Capital One Lounge Denver Airport (DEN) opened in November 2023. The ten,800 sq. foot lounge is situated in Concourse A close to Gate 34, on the mezzanine stage.
Capital One Lounge Las Vegas Airport (LAS)
The Capital One Lounge Las Vegas (LAS) has been confirmed to be within the pipeline, however we don’t but know the opening date. The 7,900 sq. foot lounge will likely be situated on the heart of Concourse D. The Clark County Board of Commissioners has accredited the lease plan, and a Capital One spokesperson has confirmed the plans.
Capital One Touchdown (DCA & LGA)
Along with the usual airport lounge choices, Capital One can be introducing the Capital One Touchdown idea, that are anticipated to debut at Washington Nationwide (DCA) and New York LaGuardia (LGA).
Whereas there are extra questions than solutions about this idea as of now, it’s described as a “new chef-driven, culinary-focused idea, supposed to convey an elevated expertise to the guts of the terminal.” The idea is being launched in partnership with Chef José Andrés, who will design Capital One Touchdown’s meals and beverage menu, specializing in genuine, Spanish-style tapas.
What are Capital One Lounges like?
I’ve had the prospect to take a look at the Capital One Lounge DFW a number of occasions, and it’s merely phenomenal, amongst my favourite lounges in the US. Whereas there are some primary facilities you count on from lounges, Capital One takes it to the subsequent stage.
Amongst different issues, right here’s what you possibly can count on from Capital One Lounge places:
- A seize & go meals choice, together with sandwiches, salads, fruit, snacks, and extra
- A correct in-lounge eating expertise offered as small bites, with menus curated by native cooks, and wholesome picks comprised of regionally sourced components
- A superb drink choice, together with native beer, regional wine, craft cocktails, chilly brew and lattes on faucet, and far more
- All three lounges have personal restrooms, whereas the lounges in Dallas and Denver even have bathe suites
- The Dallas Lounge has a biking and yoga room with Peloton bikes and resistance bands, in addition to leisure rooms with blankets, eye covers, and earplugs
- The Denver Lounge has leisure rooms with blankets, eye covers, and earplugs, in addition to personal workstations that may be reserved
- All of the lounges have shops at each seat, plus free, high-speed Wi-Fi
- The lounges additionally typically have nice service, and specifically, Rumana on the Capital One Lounge DFW is a famous person
You possibly can learn my full assessment of the Capital One Lounge DFW right here.
Who can entry Capital One Lounges?
Capital One Lounges will be accessed by the next individuals:
- Capital One Enterprise X (assessment) cardmembers can get limitless entry to Capital One Lounges, and may convey two company with them totally free, and may convey extra company with them for $45 every; remember the fact that approved customers will be added to the cardboard totally free (Charges & Charges), and so they get the identical lounge entry perks
- Capital One Enterprise X Enterprise (assessment) cardmembers get limitless entry to Capital One Lounges, and may convey two company with them totally free, and may convey extra company with them for $45 every; on the enterprise model of the cardboard, approved customers don’t get entry
- Capital One Enterprise Rewards Credit score Card (assessment) (Charges & Charges) and Capital One Spark Miles for Enterprise (assessment) (Charges & Charges) cardmembers obtain two complimentary visits yearly, with no complimentary guesting privileges (the passes might be utilized by the first cardmember or approved customers, and may also be used for a visitor who’s current, which means you might use two passes for you and a visitor); extra company, in addition to extra visits, value $45 every
- Youngsters below two can enter Capital One Lounges totally free
- All others can enter Capital One Lounges for $65 per go to
- Although Capital One Lounges are operated in partnership with Plaza Premium Group, there’s no entry by means of different bank cards or lounge membership packages
Getting the Capital One Enterprise X Card for lounge entry will be completely price it. The cardboard has a $395 annual price (Charges & Charges), however provides a $300 annual journey credit score and 10K bonus anniversary miles yearly, so having the cardboard ought to value you little or no in the event you’re going about it proper. Moreover, you’ll have the ability to add 4 approved customers to the cardboard at no further value (Charges & Charges), and so they’ll obtain the identical lounge entry perks. That makes this the best card for households.
Are there entry restrictions for Capital One Lounges?
Past the precise entry necessities for Capital One Lounges, there are a few additional entry restrictions to concentrate on:
- You want a boarding cross for a departing flight so as to have the ability to entry Capital One Lounges (so you possibly can’t use them as arrivals lounges)
- You possibly can solely entry Capital One Lounges inside three hours of a flight’s scheduled departure; whereas it’s my understanding that that is the official rule, I’ve heard plenty of stories that it’s not enforced
What’s my tackle Capital One Lounges?
I’m extraordinarily impressed by what Capital One is doing with airport lounges, and the timing has been nice as properly, because it coincided with the launch of the Capital One Enterprise X Card. A few ideas on Capital One Lounges thus far:
- Admittedly it’s going to take Capital One some time to construct up a community of lounges, so this might be extraordinarily helpful for these primarily based out of an airport with a lounge, whereas will probably be much less helpful for others
- Capital One is doing one thing distinctive right here, and is introducing facilities we haven’t seen from different lounges, and I really like that; from chilly brew and lattes, to seize & go meals, to Peloton bikes, Capital One put plenty of thought into these lounges
What different lounge entry does the Enterprise X supply?
As a reminder, entry to Capital One Lounges is barely a small a part of the lounge entry perks supplied by the Capital One Enterprise X Card. The cardboard additionally provides a Precedence Move membership, providing you with entry to 1,300+ lounges all over the world. You possibly can convey as much as two company with you at no extra value
On the private model of the cardboard, these advantages apply not only for the first cardmember, but additionally for the as much as 4 approved customers you possibly can add to your card at no further value (Charges & Charges).
Capital One has gotten into the airport lounge recreation, with the introduction of the Capital One Enterprise X Card and Capital One Enterprise X Enterprise. The Capital One Lounges at DEN, DFW, and IAD, are already open. We are able to count on the lounge at LAS to open in some unspecified time in the future sooner or later, together with the Capital One Touchdown idea at DCA and LGA.
Capital One has taken a distinct method towards lounge design, and I can’t wait to see the portfolio develop. Capital One Lounges have distinctive options you received’t discover in different lounges, starting from a seize & go meals choice, to chilly brew on faucet, to a exercise room.
What do you make of the Capital One Lounges at airports? Will you be choosing up the Enterprise X Card or Enterprise X Enterprise?