In September 2022, luxurious lodge group 4 Seasons introduced that it could be moving into the cruise enterprise. The corporate has simply shared some extra particulars about what we will anticipate, and it actually seems like this will likely be in contrast to the rest at sea.
Particulars of 4 Seasons Yachts’ first ship
4 Seasons Yachts is the identify of 4 Seasons’ new cruising enterprise, which is a partnership between the lodge group and Marc-Henry Cruise Holdings Ltd. Thus far plans for 2 ships have been confirmed, with the primary anticipated to be delivered in late 2025, and the second anticipated to be delivered in late 2026, produced by Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. Every vessel is estimated to price a mean of round €400 million.
Whereas many particulars stay to be seen, right here’s what we all know to date concerning the first ship to sail for 4 Seasons Yachts:
- The vessel will likely be 207 meters (679 ft) lengthy and 27 meters (89 ft) huge, and it’ll characteristic 14 decks
- The vessel will characteristic simply 95 lodging, in an all-suite format
- Lodging will likely be a minimal of 54 sq. meters (581 sq. ft) together with indoor and outside area, and 60% of the vessel’s stock will likely be in extra of 76 sq. meters (818 sq. ft)
- Lodging could have a minimal ceiling peak of two.4 meters (7.9 ft)
- There will likely be a “Funnel Suite” that’s 892 sq. meters (9,601 sq. ft) spanning 4 flooring, which can characteristic a non-public wading pool, and a devoted non-public spa space; we’ve by no means seen one thing like this on a cruise ship earlier than
- The ship could have an onboard transverse marina, permitting visitors easy accessibility to water toys that you simply’d historically solely discover on privately owned yachts; this can even characteristic tiered lounging decks
- The aft deck will characteristic a 20 meter salt water pool (66 ft), making it one of many largest at sea; this may rapidly be emptied and the ground could be raised, and transformed right into a multi-function space
- 4 Seasons claims that the ship will supply almost 50% extra dwelling area per visitor than what’s at present obtainable within the trade
Right here’s how Alejandro Reynal, President and CEO of 4 Seasons, describes this new initiative:
“4 Seasons Yachts represents a key pillar of our future progress and strategic imaginative and prescient, as we glance to capitalize on new alternatives and construct model differentiation by means of immersive luxurious experiences. The inaugural Yacht is a manifestation of this imaginative and prescient, providing a world-class 4 Seasons expertise, at sea and on land, marked by the real, personalised service that our visitors know and love.”
Under you’ll find some renderings of the primary yacht, in addition to a video.
4 Seasons Yachts inaugural locations
Whereas 4 Seasons Yachts hasn’t but put any itineraries on sale, the corporate has hinted at what we will anticipate. For the 2025-2026 inaugural season, we will anticipate winter and spring itineraries within the Caribbean, after which summer time itineraries within the Mediterranean. Within the Mediterranean, you may anticipate locations just like the French and Italian Rivieras, the Adriatic shoreline, and the Greek Isles.
The common journey size will likely be seven days. The ship gained’t do the identical itineraries back-to-back, although, because the intent is which you can ebook an itinerary of 21 days with distinct locations all through.
For the primary yr, 4 Seasons Yachts is anticipated to supply itineraries to 137 distinctive locations throughout 33 nations, with 76 late evening evenings or overnights.
The plan can also be to have pre-and-post lodge and overland applications, which will likely be unveiled quickly.
4 Seasons Yachts pricing
Pricing hasn’t but been introduced for 4 Seasons Yachts, so all we will do is speculate. Primarily based on what I’ve heard, the intent is that that is principally an expertise for individuals who would possibly in any other case contemplate a non-public yacht, and that this will likely be priced increased than some other present cruise choices on the market.
Will 4 Seasons Yachts have the ability to appeal to sufficient folks with deep pockets who might not in any other case contemplate a cruise? Just a few ideas:
- The individuals who 4 Seasons is focusing on would possibly in any other case contemplate chartering a non-public yacht, or doing a safari, so the query is that if a 95-key yacht can have the same enchantment
- Even when the intent is essentially to anchor and never go into port, there are limits to the locations that may be served with a virtually 700 foot yacht; folks aren’t going to wish to have an itinerary to Mykonos and Santorini, or to Nassau and San Juan
- There’s numerous buzz round this launch, so I think 4 Seasons could have no points promoting out these sailings with loyal clients of the model who’re intrigued
All we will do as of now could be speculate what pricing will likely be like, so I believe that’s an attention-grabbing matter to debate. At present, what’s the highest of the marketplace for luxurious cruise strains with itineraries to the Caribbean and Mediterranean? Possibly $1,000 per individual per day on the very excessive finish?
My preliminary intuition is that 4 Seasons Yachts would possibly realistically price $1,500-2,000 per individual per day. So possibly a week-long cruise for 2 folks prices $20,000-30,000 or so. Within the present atmosphere, many luxurious lodges get away with charging $2,000 per evening for the standard room, in order that looks like an affordable premium. Given the variety of premium suites, you may anticipate large variance by way of pricing.
Clearly this will likely be past most peoples’ budgets, however there are additionally numerous very wealthy folks on the market. I may see the pricing being even increased than that, so let’s see. Anyway, I’d love to listen to what others assume pricing could possibly be like.
4 Seasons Yachts sounds intriguing
I’m not a lot of a cruiser these days, although I’ve lengthy been inquisitive about the idea of taking a luxurious cruise sooner or later, particularly when our son is a bit older (it simply looks like a simple trip). With that in thoughts, a number of ideas.
To begin with, if there’s a model that I belief to keep up its requirements in all ventures, it’s 4 Seasons. 4 Seasons has the only most constantly wonderful customer support of any lodge group, and that’s one thing the corporate isn’t prepared to compromise on. I belief that if 4 Seasons is prepared to place its identify on this idea, it’ll really be good.
Subsequent, it’s legitimately spectacular how large this ship is all whereas having so few rooms. For instance, Ritz-Carlton Yacht Assortment is one other new luxurious cruise line from a lodge group. That ship is 190 meters with 149 rooms, whereas this one will likely be 207 meters with 95 rooms. That’s an enormous distinction. That’s additionally partly what I’m basing my predicted pricing on.
Lastly, I actually hope that 4 Seasons could make these itineraries attention-grabbing. Whereas some “explorer” locations (like Antarctica) are powerful with no purpose-built ship, I believe the important thing to success for this will likely be attention-grabbing ports of name. The truth that the ship will likely be crusing to so many distinctive locations in a yr suggests to me that the itineraries will likely be attention-grabbing, and to some ports not frequented by different ships.
4 Seasons is moving into the luxurious cruise enterprise, with the introduction of 4 Seasons Yachts in late 2025. That is an thrilling growth, because it looks like this ship will actually be in a league of its personal relating to the extent of luxurious it can supply. I’m very curious to see what pricing will likely be like, as we must always study extra within the coming months.
What do you make of the 4 Seasons Yachts idea?