Lots of people keep in prolonged keep lodges for weeks at a time. So a standard query that vacationers have is how a lot does it price to remain at an prolonged keep for a month? On this article, we broke down the prices at numerous standard resort chains and types to be able to provide you with an correct concept of what to anticipate when heading to an prolonged keep for an entire month.
How a lot are prolonged keep lodges monthly?
The worth for a month-long keep at an prolonged keep resort can range drastically based mostly on location and the kind of property that you’re reserving. Nonetheless, based mostly on our information factors beneath you possibly can count on to spend anyplace from round $1,163.12 to $4,359.60.
Tip: Use the free app WalletFlo that can assist you journey the world without cost by discovering one of the best journey bank cards and promotions!
Factoring in financial savings and prices
Earlier than leaping into the price breakdown beneath, it’s essential to contemplate all the financial savings and prices that go into an prolonged keep. A few of these prices will be averted by choosing the proper prolonged keep. However different prices could also be incurred that you simply don’t normally take into consideration on shorter stays.
extended-stay model ought to offer you a free breakfast, even for those who do not need elite standing with that program.
In some instances, you may be restricted to a standard continental breakfast that doesn’t present any scorching objects. For instance, chances are you’ll solely have a number of cereals, bagels, and yogurt.
However some extended-stay properties such because the Residence Inn might offer you some fairly respectable choices for breakfast together with scorching eggs, sausage/bacon, pancakes, waffles, and many others.
Typically these breakfast objects aren’t dangerous in any respect however different occasions they’re borderline inedible.
So attempt to do a little analysis forward of time (trying out critiques) in an effort to select a property that gives not only a free breakfast — however a high quality breakfast every morning. That method you possibly can really get monetary savings every morning on breakfast.
Learn extra right here on lodges that supply free breakfast.
Elite earnings and perks
You at all times have to contemplate all the extra worth you’ll earn from a resort loyalty program when staying many nights.
When you’ve got plans to repeatedly keep plenty of nights at an extended-stay property my recommendation can be to select a resort chain that can reward you with loyalty factors every night time you keep.
On prime of that, to take your earnings to the following degree you might open up a co-branded resort bank card for that model in an effort to multiply your earnings and presumably make the most of elite standing higher.
For instance, you might get a Hilton Aspire bank card that comes with automated Hilton Diamond standing. Among the advantages of that standing equivalent to free breakfast received’t be very helpful because you’ll already be receiving that.
However it is possible for you to to get plenty of worth from the bonus incomes price. With Diamond elite standing you’ll be capable of earn 20X factors on Hilton stays! That’s a 100% bonus in comparison with a regular member, which is fairly loopy.
At a WalletFlo valuation of .52 cents per level, this quantities to a 10.4% return which is fairly good. When you’re utilizing the Aspire, you’ll earn an extra 14X which comes out to a complete of 17% again!
That implies that each night time you say you can be primarily getting 17% cashback. Along with these earnings, resort packages typically provide promotions that assist you to earn much more factors.
The phrases of these promotions at all times differ however in plenty of instances you possibly can find yourself incomes someplace between 20% and 35% again in your stays within the type of resort factors. That’s an enormous rebate and it may well assist you to use factors to cowl a few of your nights sooner or later which is able to prevent much more cash.
Some packages like Hilton will give you one thing just like the fifth night time free for those who make consecutive bookings with factors. If you’re incomes a ton of factors and redeeming them for lengthy stays you possibly can repeatedly use these free nights.
The mixture of the factors earnings and the free nights can prevent some huge cash over the long run.
You may also incur some small prices for issues like laundry and requirements within the kitchen equivalent to paper plates and lysol wipes. Lots of people favor to buy their very own bathroom paper since they’ll in any other case be caught with low high quality bathroom paper for weeks at a time.
Some visitors additionally take into account bringing their very own cookware equivalent to plates and pots and pans. The identical applies to towels and bedding (blankets, pillows, and sheets). In fact, for those who don’t have the room in your baggage or car to convey all of these items with you, you may simply should buy them.
Tip: Numerous occasions you will discover an prolonged keep property positioned very near a Walmart or another retailer which makes it straightforward to buy these each day objects that you could be not notice you want till you arrive.
Associated: What Resorts Have Kitchens?
Canceling your providers
If you will keep at a resort for a month or longer you may need to take into account canceling a few of your streaming providers.
Sometimes, an prolonged keep resort will offer you cable tv and an array of channels in order that you wouldn’t want to stay with a streaming TV service. Numerous streaming subscriptions are month to month so there are sometimes no penalties for canceling.
For some providers equivalent to your web, you could possibly put your subscription on pause. There’ll typically be a minimal timeframe on your suspension equivalent to two months and infrequently there’s a cap on what number of occasions you might do that per yr.
Chances are you’ll not be capable of cancel your utilities equivalent to your water and electrical energy however you possibly can nonetheless issue within the financial savings that you’ll have since these prices can be lined by your nightly room price.
Some prolonged keep lodges might offer you a reduced price for those who plan on staying there for 30 days or longer. These charges might not be mirrored whenever you seek for your room on-line so it’s best to name the property forward of time and inquire about discounted long-term charges.
These kind of discounted charges are sometimes utilized by individuals who virtually reside in lodges.
You too can generally get discounted charges at lodges for those who’re attending some kind of occasion or heart positioned close by. For instance, some prolonged keep properties will offer you a reduction if you’re staying there to obtain medical remedy at a selected facility.
Prolonged keep resort costs for 30 day stays
Beneath are precise quotes for 30 days stays at numerous extended-stay properties. We selected totally different cities for every resort model for the reason that value of a 30 day keep can fluctuate so extensively based mostly on geographic location.
The typical price for a 30 day prolonged keep resort reserving got here out to: $2,681.39. That comes out to a mean nightly price of roughly $90.
- MainStay Suites Texas Medical Heart/Reliant Park (Houston, TX): $2,179.62
- MainStay Suites Northbrook Wheeling (Wheeling, IL): $1,960.10
- MainStay Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs (Altamonte Springs, FL): $1,942.75
- WoodSpring Suites Houston Westchase (Houston, TX): $1,123.20
- WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Stockbridge (Stockbridge, GA): $1,547.92
- WoodSpring Suites Elgin – Chicago (Elgin, IL): $1,465.47
Prolonged Keep America
- Prolonged Keep America Phoenix – Chandler – E. Chandler Blvd. (Phoenix, AZ): $2,093.46
- Prolonged Keep America Atlanta – Marietta – Powers Ferry Rd. (Marietta, GA): $2,120.66
- Prolonged Keep America Chicago – Schaumburg – I-90 (Schaumburg, IL): $1,725.00
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston IAH Airport Beltway 8 (Houston, TX): $2,167.03
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Roswell, GA (Roswell, GA): $2,997.33
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place (Chicago, IL): $4,382.85
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston West-Power Hall (Houston, TX): $2,505.63
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta – Buckhead (Atlanta, GA): $3,330.10
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile (Chicago, IL): $4,382.85
- Hyatt Home Houston/Power Hall (Houston, TX): $2,600.91
- Hyatt Home Atlanta / Perimeter Heart (Atlanta, GA): $3,213.83
- Hyatt Home Cypress/Anaheim (Cypress, CA): $4,748.85
- Candlewood Suites Houston Medical Heart (Houston, TX): $1,930.50
- Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20 (Lithia Springs, GA): $2,703.00
- Candlewood Suites LAX Hawthorne (Los Angeles, CA): $3,326.40
- Staybridge Suites Houston IAH – Beltway 8 (Houston, TX): $2,457.00
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta NE – Duluth (Duluth, GA): $3,399.00
- Staybridge Suites Anaheim At The Park (Anaheim, CA): $4,359.60
Residence Inn (Marriott)
- Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer (Houston, TX): $2,913.30
- Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners (Norcross, GA): $2,828.10
- Residence Inn Phoenix Airport (Phoenix, AZ): $3,268.98
TownePlace Suites (Marriott)
- TownePlace Suites Houston Northwest (Houston, TX): $2,725.50
- TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead (Atlanta, GA): $3,271.23
- TownePlace Suites Phoenix North (Phoenix, AZ): $2,499.05
- Component Houston Katy (Katy,TX): $2,898.00
- Component Atlanta Buckhead (Atlanta, GA): $4,276.57
- Component Scottsdale at SkySong (Scottsdale, AZ): $3,591.64
- Studio 6 Houston, TX – Clear Lake (Houston, TX): $1,163.12 (Based mostly on 28 days)
- Studio 6 Atlanta, GA – Chamblee (Chamblee, GA): $1,669.88 (Based mostly on 28 days)
- Studio 6 Cypress, CA (Cypress, CA): $2,248.12 (Based mostly on 28 days)
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chandler/Phoenix Space (Chandler, AZ): $2,444.70
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza (Saint Louis, MO): $1,740.00
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Subject Airport (Dallas, TX): $2,373.00
As you possibly can inform the value for an prolonged keep over a 30 day interval varies based mostly in your location and the kind of resort chain and model you guide with. If you’re going with a finances extended-stay you will get your price all the way down to round $1,600 for a month however if you’re going with a extra premium resort chain, count on to be nearer to $2,800+ a month.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founding father of UponArriving.com and creator of the bank card app, WalletFlo. He’s a former lawyer turned full-time bank card rewards/journey professional and has earned and redeemed tens of millions of miles to journey the globe. Since 2014, his content material has been featured in main publications equivalent to Nationwide Geographic, Smithsonian Journal, Forbes, CNBC, US Information, and Enterprise Insider. Discover his full bio right here.