I acquired scolded by the concierge on the Park Hyatt Vienna.
You see, my 3-year-old is a very choosy eater. After he ate little or no all day lengthy in Vienna, I ordered him a pizza from a meals supply app (suppose Uber Eats, however a distinct service referred to as Wolt). I tracked the progress within the app and when the motive force was getting close by, I took the elevator downstairs. I acquired to the entrance desk space and noticed the motive force on the concierge’s desk and the concierge with a telephone to his ear. When he noticed me, the conceirge hung up the telephone and as I confirmed with the supply individual that it was my order he was delivering, the concierge checked out me with playful disappointment in me: “Sir, you might be staying at a 5 star resort. You don’t want to return downstairs — we’d have introduced this as much as you.” I acquired scolded for not permitting them to supply the exemplary service that they know the way to present.
There is no such thing as a doubt that the Park Hyatt Vienna is aware of that it’s a 5 star resort, and that’s a very good factor.
Park Hyatt Vienna Diplomat Suite (Premium Suite Award) Backside Line Assessment
The Park Hyatt Vienna is a superb resort. Set in a constructing that was initially constructed because the Financial institution of Austria headquarters greater than 100 years in the past, the constructing feels wealthy and highly effective, is adorned ornately, and exudes luxurious and sophistication. Greater than all that, what I actually liked is that staff appeared completely intent on not solely trying like a five-star resort, but in addition offering five-star service. That didn’t finish with the (unbelievable) concierge. One night time, we had a small difficulty within the room and when attempting to resolve it an worker recommended a easy answer. After I started saying “I didn’t even consider that”, he reduce me off virtually apologetically saying “No no, you don’t must suppose, it’s our job to consider an answer”. I don’t want that stage of pampering, nevertheless it actually does make you’re feeling such as you’re not simply getting a very good deal on factors however relatively getting a whole expertise.
I might undoubtedly return to the Park Hyatt Vienna once more. Primarily based on the movies I’ve seen of the scale of normal rooms and customary suites, I don’t know if I might really feel the necessity to splurge on a premium suite award once more, however I will surely like to get one other alternative to remain on the Park Hyatt Vienna.
The one slight disappointment I had was that there are a number of layouts for these Diplomat Suites (I believe they’re simply nook 1-bedroom suites, however they most likely differ a bit). I had seen a video of 1 with what seemed to be a separate workplace with a door the place I assumed I might most likely get some work finished after the children went to mattress, however because it turned out the desk was a part of the lounge (the place one son slept on the sofa and my sister-in-law slept on the rollaway), so I didn’t find yourself with that late-night work house in any case. I can’t emphasize how slight of a disappointment that was, however I observe it in case you see one other format of the identical suite and/or your room differs a bit from mine).
Total, it is a resort that I discovered to be definitely worth the hype. I’ve at all times heard nice issues in regards to the place and now I see why. We initially had a reservation on the Andaz for much fewer factors (and there’s a Lindner that had rooms for simply 3,500 factors per night time throughout our dates!), however I do in no way remorse the splurge. I used to be initially hesitant to make use of so many factors, however then (fortunately) realized that one of many causes I play the sport is to get pleasure from experiences like this that I wouldn’t in any other case purchase with cash. I used to be proud of that call.
- Worth: As a Hyatt Class 7, customary rooms price 25K / 30K / 35K factors per night time (off-peak / customary / peak), which compares favorably to money charges which appeared to run across the low $600’s per night time for the standard room throughout my dates. My Diplomat Suite was a Premium Suite award that price 60K per night time for 2 nights (customary) and 70K for one night time (peak). The money charge for the Diplomat Suite on my dates was north of three,000 Euro per night time.
- Worth: Glorious worth as in comparison with money costs, although I’d personally examine the 60K-70K per night time that I spent on the suite towards the price of two customary rooms relatively than the three,000 Euro per night time charge of the suite.
- Location: Glorious location in central Vienna. Google Maps says it’s a few 15-minute stroll to the primary Christmas Market (Christkindlmarkt at Rathaus metropolis corridor), however I believe it actually took us a max of 10 minutes to get there. For these visiting particularly for Christmas markets, observe that there’s additionally one within the plaza instantly in entrance of the resort and one other one lower than 200m up the street along with being a brief stroll from the Christkindlmarkt.
- Room: We booked a Diplomat Suite as a Premium Suite award. It didn’t look fairly like one which I’d seen on Youtube — I believe that “Diplomat Suites” are simply nook 1-bedroom suites with a little bit additional house, so it is probably not price a premium over the price of a one-bedroom suite. That stated, the room was very massive, with a lobby / entrance means, a big lounge that had a form of open flooring plan with a eating desk for 4 and a piece desk, after which a separate (massive) bed room that featured a nice-size chaise/lounger and a toilet with an enormous soaking tub, twin vanities, and a bathe large enough to throw a celebration inside (together with a second half-bath and a big walk-in closet together with a second full-size closet). Moreover, the toilet flooring was heated, so your toes wouldn’t get chilly (it acquired a little bit too heat — we finally requested them to show it off). Home windows opened (which my higher half appreciated for airflow). Word that the Diplomat Suite formally accommodates 3 folks, however we emailed prematurely to ask if we might get a rollaway and put 3 adults and a pair of children within the room they usually stated sure.
- Parking: Valet parking is 55 EUR in a single day, however for the reason that storage is definitely a public storage, I’m unsure whether or not it might be free for Globalists on an award keep (we didn’t have a automobile).
- Resort/Vacation spot Charge: None
- Web: Appeared lots quick.
- Service: Incredible in our expertise. Everybody with whom we interacted was well mannered, skilled, and appeared to genuinely need to be within the customer support subject. One explicit worker on the concierge desk (whose title we sadly missed!) was notably animated and humorous and gave my spouse and her sister a restaurant suggestion about which they had been nonetheless raving on the way in which dwelling from Europe.
- Turndown service: Somebody got here in and shut the curtains I believe (and possibly changed water bottles?), however no sweets or something notable.
- The Financial institution Brasserie & Bar: That is the primary bar and restaurant, situated in what I assume was the primary financial institution foyer, which is a really grand house and it appears to be like very spectacular. Breakfast was high-quality with selection that was enough to fulfill with out sacrificing high quality for amount. There have been a number of scorching menu objects that could possibly be ordered with breakfast and my spouse was thrilled together with her Eggs Benedict on 2 out of three mornings.
- Cafe Am Hof: There’s a cafe inside the resort that serves drinks, lunch and dinner and desserts/pastries, however we truly by no means handed or noticed this place.
- Lounge: One other restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner (together with drinks) that will need to have been situated close to Cafe Am Hof (so we didn’t see it).
- Room service: Obtainable all through the day, however we didn’t order it. That stated, after we ordered pizza from a supply app for a second time, somebody took the pizza (and the Coca-Cola I ordered for myself) out of the supply bag and introduced it to the room on a room service tray with a glass for the coke).
- Spa: Replace: I didn’t see it, however apparently this resort has the best spa within the metropolis in accordance with a reader within the feedback.
- Health Room: This appears to be like cool within the photos, however I didn’t make it there (my spouse and her sister went to test it out, however there was somebody who was staying on our flooring who had a continuing safety element who was strolling on the treadmill and practising a speech, in order that they didn’t really feel snug taking photos). The pool is in what was the financial institution’s vault, which appears to be like actually cool.
- Hyatt Globalist Advantages:
- Room Improve: None past the premium suite award we booked, however as famous above the resort allowed us to place 5 folks within the room, so we had been very proud of that.
- Free Breakfast: Breakfast in The Financial institution restaurant was glorious and included each the buffet and the choice to order from a number of choices on a separate menu, which included Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, and a few toast dishes (although I don’t essentially advocate the toast choices as they had been often out there on the buffet anyway).
- Membership Lounge: None
- Late Checkout: Provided, however not wanted
- Welcome Amenity: None.
- Would I keep once more? Completely. The resort is beautiful and the situation was good for exploring Christmas markets.
- Terrific 5-star service
- Attractive resort constructing
- Glorious location
- Massive premium suite award
- Luxurious doesn’t come low-cost, with a premium suite award costing 60K or 70K per night time (and although I didn’t see an ordinary 1-bedroom suite, I think about it isn’t far smaller)
Wish to study extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to e-mail updates or try our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.