In October 2023, Japan Airways unveiled all the main points of its new Airbus A350-1000 plane. These will will set a brand new customary with regards to the inflight expertise for the airline, and can function all new cabins, together with an unbelievable new first and enterprise class expertise.
I wished to recap all the main points of this jet, particularly with Japan Airways having simply formally introduced when these plane will enter service.
Japan Airways has 13 A350-1000s on order
Japan Airways has a complete of 13 Airbus A350-1000s on order, which can ultimately turn out to be the service’s flagship plane. Japan Airways presently has 13 Boeing 777-300ERs in its fleet, that are the service’s present flagship plane, so you’ll be able to anticipate a 1:1 alternative.
Japan Airways’ 777s had been delivered between 2004 and 2009, so that they’re a mean of round 16 years outdated as of now. That’s on no account outdated, however the service likes to have a contemporary fleet, so it’s not stunning to see these changed.
The Japanese oneworld airline is predicted to take supply of its first A350-1000s within the coming weeks, and will exchange all of its 777-300ERs by 2028:
- Two A350-1000s can be delivered earlier than the top of the primary quarter of 2024
- 9 A350-1000s can be delivered earlier than the top of 2025
- 13 A350-1000s can be delivered by 2028
You is perhaps pondering to your self “effectively doesn’t Japan Airways have already got A350s?” Sure, truly it does. Japan Airways ordered a complete of 18 A350-900s, 16 of which have already been delivered. Nevertheless, these are solely used for home flights, and have a very completely different configuration. These planes are excessive density, given the quick routes which can be operated inside Japan.
New York can be first A350-1000 vacation spot
What are Japan Airways’ deliberate Airbus A350-1000 routes? The airline is predicted to initially fly the plane between Tokyo (HND) and New York (JFK). Japan Airways operates two day by day flights between Tokyo and New York, and solely a kind of flights will function the A350. Particularly, the next frequency would be the first to function the brand new cabins:
JL6 Tokyo to New York departing 11:05AM arriving 10:50AM
JL5 New York to Tokyo departing 1:45PM arriving 5:15PM (+1 day)
The route will begin to get the A350 on alternating days as of January 24, 2024, after which by March 31, 2024, you’ll be able to anticipate the path to function the A350 day by day. As soon as the third A350-1000 is delivered, the plan is to fly it between Tokyo (HND) and Dallas (DFW), although we now have no actual timeline for that but.
Japan Airways A350-1000 seats & structure
What ought to we anticipate from the interiors of Japan Airways’ Airbus A350-1000s? The planes can be in a really premium heavy configuration with simply 239 seats, together with:
- Six top quality seats
- 54 enterprise class seats
- 24 premium financial system seats
- 155 financial system class seats
You may see the seat map for the plane beneath, together with a comparability of how the seat rely compares to the present 777-300ER.
Earlier than we go over the main points of every cabin, beneath is a video that Japan Airways has produced concerning the new plane.
New Japan Airways A350 top quality
Japan Airways’ new A350-1000 top quality will include simply six seats, unfold throughout two rows in a 1-1-1 configuration. The seats are produced by Safran, and listed here are among the key options of this product:
- The scale of this seat are unreal — the seat may have 83″ of pitch, 48″ of width, the mattress can be 80″ lengthy, the wall can be 62″ excessive, and the leisure monitor can be 43″
- For the primary time within the service’s historical past, top quality seats will function privateness doorways
- To create a extra spacious surroundings, there can be no overhead bins within the cabin, and as an alternative there can be a wardrobe and cupboard space at every seat
- The suite will provide three seating modes, together with a settee, a seat and a single mattress, and a double mattress (that’s even if every seat is designed for one passenger)
- Japan Airways is introducing the world’s first headphone-free stereo with built-in headrest audio system, permitting passengers to take pleasure in inflight leisure with out utilizing headphones
- The suite will function wi-fi charging, a minibar, and the flexibility to speak with flight attendants via a monitor on the seat
New Japan Airways A350 enterprise class
Japan Airways’ new A350-1000 enterprise class will include 52 seats, unfold throughout 14 rows in a 1-2-1 configuration. The seats are produced by Safran, and listed here are among the key options of this product:
- The seat may have 51″ of pitch, 22″ of width, the mattress can be 78″ lengthy, the wall can be 52″ excessive, and the leisure monitor can be 24″
- For the primary time within the service’s historical past, enterprise class seats will function privateness doorways
- There’ll solely be overhead bins alongside the home windows, to create a extra spacious cabin structure; the seats will function a private wardrobe in addition to baggage storage
- The seats will even function headrest audio system, so that you could take pleasure in leisure with out utilizing headphones
- Seats will function wi-fi charging and stress dispersing cushions
New Japan Airways A350 premium financial system class
Japan Airways’ new A350-1000 premium financial system will include 24 seats, unfold throughout three rows in a 2-4-2 configuration. The seats are produced by Safran, and listed here are among the key options of this product:
- The seats may have 42″ of pitch, 19″ of width, and the leisure monitor can be 16″; that is among the many finest pitch you’ll discover in premium financial system on any airline
- This would be the first premium financial system product on the earth to supply electronically operated reclining performance
- Japan Airways may have giant partitions in premium financial system, to considerably enhance privateness
- The seats will function leg rests that may go up 90 levels, to present you extra choices for a way you’d prefer to place your self
New Japan Airways A350 financial system class
Japan Airways’ new A350-1000 financial system will include 155 seats, unfold throughout 18 rows in a 3-3-3 configuration. The seats are produced by Recaro, and listed here are among the key options of this product:
- The seats may have 33-34″ of pitch, 18″ of width, and the leisure monitor can be 13″
- This builds on the service’s present financial system class, however between the wonderful legroom, seat width, and massive leisure screens, that is about nearly as good as financial system will get
- Financial system seats may have AC, USB-A, and USB-C retailers (it’s uncommon to have that many charging choices in financial system)
Japan Airways additionally refreshing gentle product
To coincide with the launch of the brand new A350-1000, Japan Airways can be refreshing numerous facets of its gentle product. Amongst different issues, right here’s what we are able to anticipate:
- In first and enterprise class, Japan Airways will introduce new vegan and vegetarian menus
- As of the spring of 2024, Japan Airways will introduce a brand new dine on demand idea in enterprise class, giving passengers extra flexibility
- In enterprise class, Japan Airways will begin providing pajamas, although you’ll be able to solely use them in the course of the flight (which appears moderately low-cost)
- In premium financial system and financial system, the airline will introduce new premium paid eating ideas, for individuals who need an excellent higher expertise
My tackle Japan Airways new A350 cabins
Wow, there’s quite a bit to digest. Listed below are a number of of my preliminary ideas:
- The brand new top quality seems completely spectacular; if Japan Airways has good bedding in top quality, this can be by far the very best mattress provided by any airline in top quality
- I’m fascinated by the flexibility to take heed to audio with out headphones; I think about this has been examined in order that it doesn’t disturb others, because you wouldn’t anticipate an airline from Japan of all locations to be the primary to inform passengers to cease utilizing headphones
- Japan Airways’ A350 enterprise class seems strong, although it doesn’t look that outstanding or particular in comparison with what else is on the market
- Japan Airways’ premium financial system seems distinctive, from the large quantity of seat pitch, to the privateness partitions, to the 90 diploma leg relaxation
- Japan Airways providing an business main 33-34″ of pitch in financial system is hard to beat, and I additionally love all of the charging choices
- The one factor I don’t love is Japan Airways’ cabin finishes, as I discover the burgundy coloration to be moderately outdated; however that’s additionally private choice
Japan Airways will quickly take supply of its first Airbus A350-1000, which ought to enter service between Tokyo and New York as of early 2024. The airline is introducing all new cabins on these planes, together with new top quality seats, new enterprise class seats with doorways, and extremely spacious layouts in each premium financial system and financial system.
This seems like an superior option to fly, and I can’t wait to test it out myslef!
What do you make of Japan Airways’ new A350 cabins?