Throughout our Celebration of 5 Problem, on the finish of Group Tokyo’s half of the journey we stayed one evening on the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay. This isn’t essentially the very best Hyatt possibility in Tokyo, however it’s in a great location should you’re wanting to go to Tokyo Disneyland and different Tokyo Bay-based actions, plus it may be good worth.
Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay Backside Line Evaluate
Tokyo has virtually a dozen totally different properties you may e book with World of Hyatt factors. There’s a Park Hyatt, the extremely rated class 4 Hyatt Regency Tokyo (to not be confused with the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay which this assessment is about), a Grand Hyatt, Andaz, a few SLH properties and extra.
For our keep although we booked the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay. I’d hoped to e book the Hyatt Regency Tokyo as I’d heard such good issues about it, however there wasn’t any award availability the evening we’d be there. The property in Tokyo Bay then again gave us an opportunity to showcase an oft-overlooked reserving method – utilizing Money + Factors. On this occasion, it was just a little totally different to the Money + Factors choices supplied by many lodge chains as we paid money for the standard room and used factors to improve to a collection – extra about that shortly.
When it comes to the keep itself, it was a superbly good, albeit unmemorable, keep. Our suites have been a great dimension, there was a Membership Lounge, breakfast was intensive however not blow-you-away-amazing like on the 4 Seasons Macau we stayed at through the journey and repair was skilled and pleasant with out being impeccable like on the Grand Hyatt Macau.
When you’re on the lookout for a property in Tokyo that may be good worth with money and/or factors and is close to Tokyo Disneyland, this might be a great possibility for you. Would I be completely happy if I ended up staying right here once more? Completely. Would I particularly look to e book this lodge on a future keep in Tokyo? In all probability not.
- Factors Value: The Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay is a class 4 property which suggests it prices 12,000, 15,000 or 18,000 factors per evening for the standard room relying on if it’s at off-peak, customary or peak pricing. Award pricing was off-peak for our evening there which signifies that an ordinary room would’ve value 12,000 factors, whereas the usual suite we booked would’ve value 21,000 factors.
- Money Value: To make sure consolation for the 5 of us, I wished to e book us two suites with two twin beds, with the fifth individual (myself) sleeping on a sofabed. The lodge had 2 Twin Beds Regency Terrace Suites bookable with factors for 21,000 factors, whereas the money value was ~$625.
- Money + Suite Improve Price: Whereas redeeming 21,000 factors for a room costing ~$625 would’ve been good worth for the factors, we had a greater possibility. The money fee for the standard room was pretty low – $165.73 together with taxes and costs. We subsequently booked the ‘Lp Suite Pts Upgr’ fee which is the place you pay for the standard room and redeem x,xxx factors to improve to a collection. On this case the factors copay was solely 6,000 factors. Paying $165.73 to avoid wasting 15,000 factors was subsequently worthwhile as redeeming these 15,000 factors would’ve been at a 1.1cpp worth as compared.
- Factors Worth: As you may see above, you will get good worth with award bookings versus the money fee. Nevertheless, be sure you examine the money + factors choices as that may get you higher worth in your factors at instances.
- Resort or Vacation spot Price: Not as such. Nevertheless, if reserving a money fee they cost what seems to be a 13% charge which is listed as “Service Cost” which is along with different taxes and costs.
- Parking: Parking prices ¥1,800 (~$12.50) per evening, though that is waived on award stays for Globalists.
- Commonplace Suite: The usual suites we booked have been two 2 Twin Beds Regency Terrace Suites. These had residing rooms and bedrooms that have been a great dimension, however not monumental. There was a walk-in closet of kinds which led by to the grasp lavatory.
One of many suite’s finest options was a full second lavatory. There was a half-bath with only a rest room on the entrance to the suite, with a toilet simply off the lounge. This was neatly designed because it might be closed off with two perpendicular sliding doorways, however which elevated the lounge’s sq. footage when open.
I don’t know in regards to the bathe within the grasp lavatory, however the rainfall bathe within the second lavatory had unbelievable water strain – probably the greatest lodge showers I’ve ever had.
The opposite notable function of the suite was its outside terrace. It was good having this further area, however its design felt just a little bizarre as there have been three giant potted shrubs blockading a lot of its view when sitting down on the market. That mentioned, our suite principally neglected different residences or lodges, so I assume they’re there to assist present just a little privateness, though there was a nicer view when standing up on the market.
- Housekeeping: We solely stayed one evening and so didn’t have any want for housekeeping. The room was very clear after we arrived although.
- Turndown service: Maybe this was an possibility, however I don’t assume we acquired it.
- Web: This labored very nicely. So nicely in truth that we have been capable of livestream that month’s Ask Us Something from one among our suites.
- Eating: The Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay has a number of eating choices:
- The Backyard Brasserie & Bar – Breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner are all served right here
- Sushi Ema – Lunch and dinner is on the market right here
- Teppanyaki Fukitei – Lunch and dinner is on the market right here too
- Rooftop Bar – Tea time is 2pm-5pm, whereas bar time is 5pm-10pm. It’s solely open from Friday-Sunday, on public holidays and the day earlier than public holidays
- Backyard Market – This serves to-go meals
- Membership Lounge: Breakfast is served in The Backyard Brasserie & Bar slightly than within the lounge for Globalists and people with Membership entry. Throughout the day there are mild snacks and drinks accessible; we arrived too late within the night to see what sort of unfold they supply at evening.
- Spa: None
- Health Room: Sure. That is open 24/7 and has each cardio tools and weights accessible
- Pool: No.
- Welcome Amenity: This was essentially the most stingy welcome amenity I’ve ever acquired. There was what, strictly talking, might be classed as a fruit bowl contemplating it was a bowl with fruit in it. Nevertheless, the “fruit bowl” consisted of 9 grapes. I suppose that’s higher than nothing, however I’m undecided it’s price them offering one thing so sparse as in some methods it’s worse than offering nothing in any respect.
- Service: We didn’t have too many interactions with workers past checking out and in and arriving at breakfast. They have been all skilled and pleasant, however service didn’t stand out prefer it had on the Grand Hyatt Macau.
- Location: Because the title of the property suggests, the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay is situated in Tokyo Bay. That places it a reasonably long way from central Tokyo contemplating how giant town is, however does put it near different points of interest in Tokyo Bay comparable to Tokyo Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland is simply too far for most individuals to need to stroll (it takes about an hour), however it’s solely a ~20 minute drive or 25-40 minutes by bus.
To get from Tokyo Haneda airport we took the Haneda-Airport Limousine Bus to the Mitsui Backyard Lodge Prana Tokyo Bay cease which was solely a block or two from our lodge. This value 1,100 Yen (~$7.75) per individual which was less expensive than an Uber was because of be (I believe that was pricing at ~$120).
- Elite Advantages: We booked one suite on my account and one on Greg’s as we each have Globalist standing. Seeing as we’d booked straight into a collection, we didn’t get an improve. Breakfast was complimentary because of our standing and the third individual in one among our rooms was included (I believe) slightly than having to pay for a separate breakfast for them. Our standing additionally offered Membership Lounge entry, so a few of us labored in there earlier than heading off to TeamLabs.
- Would I keep once more? Probably. It was a pleasant sufficient keep with out something being improper with it, however there additionally wasn’t something that stood out as making me particularly need to keep at this lodge once more.
Professionals & Cons
- Worth – Will be good worth reserving with factors in addition to with money and upgrading with factors.
- Breakfast – There was a great unfold, plus should you like getting marshmallows in your omelet, that is the place for you!
- Suite – Having two full loos in a one bed room suite is superb because it means the individual sleeping on the sofa doesn’t should disturb individuals within the bed room with a view to use the toilet.
- Welcome amenity – I do know, first world issues and all that, however offering a welcome amenity of 9 grapes simply doesn’t appear price it.
- Location – To be honest, this might be a professional or a con relying on what you need to do in Tokyo. If you wish to go to Central Tokyo although, the lodge is a little bit of a distance from there.