The “Highway to Hana” is likely one of the extra touristed components of the island of Maui. Nonetheless, as well-known because the highway itself is, people typically do it as an out-and-back day journey, spending hours upon hours negotiating the one-lane bridges and hairpin turns. Consequently, many don’t spend a lot, if any, time within the Hana space. That’s a disgrace, as a result of it’s one of many least-developed components of Hawai’i, with gorgeous, rugged seashores and marvelous state and nationwide parks close by. My spouse and I had been married in a small church slightly below 20 miles from Hana and, each few years, we take a trek out to camp, reminisce and do some hikes. A few years in the past, the Hana-Maui Resort (previously Travaasa Hana) joined World of Hyatt, making it attainable to remain there on factors. We ate at one of many resort’s eating places years in the past and, after that, had at all times wished to spend the night time. Lately, armed with a Hyatt Class 1-7 free night time certificates, we lastly did…and had a good time.
Hana-Maui Resort Backside Line Evaluation
Each my spouse and I cherished the Hana-Maui Resort. In-built 1935, the property is dated, however in a great way, with an “old-Hawai’i” really feel that permeates the plantation-style bungalows, tin roofs and laid again ambiance. This isn’t the place for folk trying to lay on the seashore all-day, exit for high-quality eating after which watch a film within the room afterwards. It feels extra like a nationwide parks lodge: there’s no TVs, no linked seashore and the nightlife is non-existent…the resort restaurant is the one place on the town open after 7-8 pm. That mentioned, it’s a terrific place to loosen up on a ravishing and sleepy aspect of Maui that most individuals solely expertise for an hour or two. We had been there for one night time and wished we’d had a pair extra. Thumbs Up
- Worth: Hyatt class 7; award costs vary from 25,000-35,000 factors per night time. I booked utilizing a Hyatt Cat 1-7 Free Evening Certificates. The money value on the night time that I stayed was ~$500/night time.
- Worth: It appears to often supply between 1.7-2.5 cents per level in worth, proper round our cheap redemption worth for Hyatt factors of two.1 cents every. It’s typically not a nice worth on factors, however it’s additionally not often poor.
- Location: Hana-Maui Resort is situated on the finish of the “Highway to Hana,” roughly 2-5 hours from Central Maui, relying on what number of occasions you cease alongside the best way. It’s centrally-located in Hana, which doesn’t say a lot since Hana is a city of ~1,600 folks. There are two separate areas of the resort, the primary accommodates the principle constructing, golf course and spa and is adjoining to a metropolis park. The opposite is throughout a residential road and ends on the ocean.
- Room: I booked a regular king room and was proactively upgraded to a ~650sq ft Ocean View King Bungalow. The room was terrific. It had tall ceilings with followers, a moist bar, soaking tub, walk-in bathe, a eating room desk and a snug sofa. Exterior, there’s an enormous, ocean view lanai with padded reclining furnishings. Maybe better of all, it nonetheless has the standard tin roof on high, so when it rains (which occurs incessantly in Hana), the sound inside is unimaginable. There’s an enormous distinction right here between the usual rooms and the bungalows. The usual rooms are again close to the principle resort constructing, subsequent to the road. Most don’t have a view of any kind and a few don’t have AC…which isn’t actually a difficulty within the winter, however might be a bit of steamy in the summertime.
- Parking: Self-parking in lots throughout the road from the property is included within the resort price.
- Resort/Vacation spot Price: $45 (waived on award stays). Consists of:
- Use of Resort Bikes
- Use of Resort Train Match Path
- Use of Health Heart, together with Peloton bikes
- Use of Tennis /pickle ball Courts
- In-room waters, replenished day by day
- Hamoa Seaside Shuttle
- Hana Airport Shuttle
- Welcome Beverage (we by no means acquired this and by no means noticed anybody get one both)
- Use of 3-hole pitch and putt course
- Alternative of a number of themed “experiences”
- Day by day Yoga Lessons
- Web: Good in the principle resort constructing and in our room. Will get weak in some areas of the property.
- Service: Hana is a small, pretty distant city. Provided that, the resort can’t draw on the identical pool of potential workers that the remainder of Maui or Oahu can. The service displays that. It’s not unhealthy, per se, simply very unpolished. Many of us have been there for years and their zeal to shock and delight doesn’t actually come to the fore.
- Turndown service: None.
- The Restaurant at Hana Maui Resort: Situated in the principle constructing, with a big, screened-in lanai that faces the property and has a sea view. Good meals general, and never terribly priced when you think about what the meals vehicles down the road cost. That is the one full-service restaurant at present open and Globalist breakfast is served off the menu right here. Open for breakfast day by day from 7am-10:30am, lunch and dinner from 11am-9pm. The bar is situated proper beside the restaurant, has its personal lanai and is open day by day from 11am-9pm.
- Pool Bar – Small bar situated subsequent to the wellness pool, serving sandwiches, pupus and drinks from 12pm to 5pm day by day.
- Hana Ranch (at present closed) – Once we visited in December, 2023, the Hana Ranch Restaurant was nonetheless closed for renovations. It’s situated straight throughout the road from the resort and you’ll see the menu right here. It was speculated to solely be closed for 3 weeks in September/October of 2023, however nobody at present appears to know when it’s anticipated to reopen now.
- Spa: There’s a full-service spa on property that may be booked for in-room remedies as properly.
- Health Room: There’s a small, open-air health room situated by the backyard pool close to the principle resort constructing. It’s fairly barebones. There’s a couple of cardio machines and a lightweight smattering of resistance gear.
- Hyatt Globalist Advantages:
- Room Improve: I booked a regular room and was proactively upgraded to a beautiful ~650 sq ft Ocean View Bungalow with a personal lanai, moist bar and a deep soaking tub.
- Free Breakfast: Served off the menu on the restaurant. Consists of espresso, juice, entrée, aspect and gratuity. The loco moco that I had was wonderful.
- Membership Lounge: None.
- Late Checkout: I used to be informed no once I requested for a 2hr late checkout. They did supply baggage storage and key playing cards that will enable us to make use of the grounds till 5pm.
- Welcome Amenity: A bottle of glowing wine was left in our room for my spouse’s birthday. Undecided if that’s normal for Globalists or if it was a birthday deal with.
- Would I keep once more? Sure. I like the Hana space and this property is a superb place to whereas away a relaxed day or two (or three) there.
Hana Maui Resort Professionals
- The one non-vacation rental property in one of the stunning areas of Maui
- Spacious rooms which can be well-kept, however nonetheless supply an “old-Hawai’i” ambiance
- Bungalows have large lanais
- Has a ravishing, non-public, black rock cove that’s surrounded with Adirondack chairs – a terrific place for dawn espresso, studying or night cocktails
- Good elite recognition, particularly for a Vacation spot by Hyatt property
- Cool pool terrace that has ocean views and an out of doors firepit
- Respectable selection of complimentary actions
Hana Maui Resort Cons
- Some rooms don’t have AC
- There aren’t any TVs, which might be a difficulty for some people
- Health space leaves a lot to be desired
- Though there’s a shuttle to Hamoa Seaside, there’s no seashore linked to the property
- The rooms will really feel dated for some folks
- Hana is a small, very sleepy city…might not be everybody’s cup of tea
Hana-Maui Resort King Ocean View Bungalow
Hana-Maui Resort Swimming pools
Hana-Maui Resort Eating places
Hana-Maui Resort Public Areas
Need to study extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to e-mail updates or take a look at our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.