On the primary Wednesday of each month we run an hour-long Ask Us Something session stay on YouTube. With such restricted time to reply your questions, we at all times obtain much more questions than we’ve got time to reply. I subsequently figured I’d do a supplemental quick-fire Q&A primarily based on questions we acquired throughout that the majority latest Ask Us Something session.
Talking of which – you’ll be able to watch that newest episode right here:
For this quick-fire Q&A, I’m going to constrain myself to at least one or two sentences for every one. In lots of circumstances I may expound lengthily with reply, however being extra transient means extra questions might be answered. When you’ve got any ideas, recommendation, ideas, tips, and so forth. for any of those questions, be happy to answer within the feedback to assist the readers and viewers who submitted the questions final week.
Lastly, if in case you have particular questions that you simply’d like assist with, our Frequent Miler Insiders Fb group can also be a terrific place to ask these.
OK, time for the quick-fire Q&As to start.
1) What’s your really useful airline to fly to Ghana, straight or not directly first or enterprise class?
Assuming you’d be flying into Accra, it appears to be like like Delta flies nonstop from JFK and United from Washington Dulles. For potential luxurious from the US, Emirates and Qatar Airways with a layover in Dubai or Qatar respectively is an possibility.
2) How lengthy does it take for C1 purchasing referral of $75 to point out up? P2 signed up, made a purchase order of $50 on Below Armour, and we do see the rewards on that buy however nothing for referral. Thanks!
For my spouse it took a couple of week, however supplied the transaction tracked then I wouldn’t fear in regards to the referral bonus not crediting.
3) Is there any level getting an Alaska Airways card being on the east coast?
There might be as a result of a) Alaska has a very good vary of airline companions (e.g. Condor from the east coast to Europe) b) in case you ever end up on the west coast or needing to get there from the east coast, they could possibly be a very good possibility.
4) Is Hyatt Explorist standing price it for 2024?
If you happen to’ll earn it organically then it’ll be good to have; not price a mattress run or any explicit effort although. That mentioned, in case you’re at 28 or 29 nights, attending to 30 nights for the Milestone Rewards could possibly be definitely worth the effort fairly than simply for the Explorist standing that’s additionally earned at that degree.
5) Ideas on rumored Hyatt premium card? What advantages would you wish to see provided?
Explorist standing (no likelihood they’d give Globalist IMO), class 1-7 free night time cert (though I may see them making it class 1-5 or 1-6 relying on the annual charge however please be happy to disregard that remark Hyatt and Chase), assertion credit on Hyatt stays (just like enterprise card), factors rebate of some selection (just like enterprise card), increased factors earnings when paying with card at Hyatt properties (6x-8x?), another type of bonus classes (however not thrilling ones) and elite night time credit primarily based on some type of threshold of spending (5 elite nights for $7,500 spend?).
I do know, I kinda cheated with this one by making it such a protracted sentence.
6) Is Turkish the best choice to fly enterprise class from Atlanta to Bangladesh?
Is determined by if that’s primarily based on expertise, pricing, availability or another issue. Might be, however may be price taking a look at Emirates, Qatar, Singapore and extra relying on the place you’re originating from.
7) What’s your opinion about MS on Fluz with Amex playing cards throughout SUB?
As with something Amex-related, it’s nice till it isn’t.
8) Any ideas for further CLEAR credit? Now we have 4 and solely want 2.
Have any buddies or household who journey? Attempt to time it once they’re providing free Uber present playing cards, United miles or one thing like that.
9) Marriott’s present promotion will finish tomorrow. No different one was introduced but. Would possibly they not have one for the remainder of the 12 months? If you happen to may want for a promotion, what wouldn’t it be?
If I may ask for a promotion, what wouldn’t it be? CEO of Frequent Miler 😉
Extra significantly, I’d want for one thing good as Marriott promotions during the last 5-6 have been very poor for essentially the most half. One thing with bonus elite night time credit to kick-start January can be good along with a considerably substantial variety of bonus factors.
10) How disenchanted are you that the Hyatt Final Free Night time takes 150 elite nights to get?
What do you imply, that’s solely $300,000 of spend on a Hyatt enterprise card 😉 However yeah, that sucks. I’ve hit 100 nights a few occasions lately, however even when I did that once more I’d nonetheless be approach far off.
11) Which airline has hub in New York for home journey ? (JFK or LGA, no EWR please)
The Wikipedia pages for airports generally is a good place to look to see which airways have numerous flights from there as there’s at all times an ‘Airways & Locations’ part. e.g. JFK and LGA.
12) I forgot to e-book the 75k IHG factors timeshare supply. Ought to I name and attempt to get that supply after it expired?
Definitely doesn’t harm to attempt, however there are continuously timeshare presents and so one other one may come alongside quickly.
13) Will Chase ever allow you to retroactively apply a referral bonus?
I don’t suppose I’ve ever heard of a case the place they’ll connect one retroactively, however in case you don’t ask you’ll have a 100% likelihood of not getting the bonus.
14) Is there a greater approach to make use of Amex airline incidental with American Airways?
You’ll be able to see what works right here.
15) Do you know United proactively cancels segments if in case you have one other flight on the similar time?
I feel Greg encountered this a 12 months or two in the past the place they cancelled a flight he did really need, nevertheless it obtained resolved nice IIRC.
16) Shout out to Stephen, Shae and Truffles, assembly them on Boston Freedom Path, that is Nick and Grace, thanks 4 the short chat, simply thrilled that I met one of many FM Fam, thanks all for all you do
Hello once more – it was nice assembly you each!
Wish to study extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to electronic mail updates or take a look at our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.