My spouse and I not too long ago spent a wonderful two weeks in Austria. We nonetheless had three Nice Motels and Resorts (FHR) credit from our varied flavors of Amex Platinum playing cards and had been hoping to seek out someplace to make use of them throughout the journey. We landed on an incredible choice on the Intercontinental Vienna. The FHR charge was solely $220, simply $20 above the $200 Platinum credit score, and the resort ended up being a stellar base from which to discover Vienna.
Intercontinental Vienna Backside Line Overview
We totally loved our time on the Intercontinental Vienna. It has an incredible location simply exterior of the primary vacationer melee, however inside quarter-hour on foot of nearly anywhere you’d prefer to go within the central a part of town. Service was on-pointe, meals and beverage was wonderful top-to-bottom. The way wherein they fulfill the FHR advantages on multi-night stays was unimaginable…we fairly actually weren’t ready to make use of up all $300 of our credit. In some methods, it toes the road between subtle and dated, however we had been charmed from starting to finish.
- Value: We booked all three nights by means of Nice Motels and Resorts (FHR) in an effort to make use of the American Specific Platinum‘s $200 credit score. The direct money worth for the standard room once we booked was ~$205/evening and the fee by means of FHR was ~$220/evening. After the $200 credit score, we solely paid about $20/evening out of pocket.
- Worth: As an FHR reserving, it’s a tremendous worth. They supplied $100 in meals and beverage credit every day, so these alone had been price ~$300. Add within the room improve, early check-in/late check-out and complimentary Wifi and the $220 worth begins to really feel like an incredible deal, even with out factoring within the $200 Platinum credit score.
- Location: The resort has a wonderful location. The metro is actually throughout the road, as is the stunning Stadtpark. The tram is a few block away. It’s simply exterior the Ringstrasse, the ring highway that circles outdated Vienna and, due to that location, nothing is greater than a 15-20 minute stroll (together with Schloss Belvedere). Nonetheless, you’re nonetheless blissfully separated from the crush of summer time vacationers within the Altstadt.
- Room: We booked an ordinary room with one king and had been pro-actively upgraded to a Fifth-floor King Premium nook room earlier than we arrived. At ~500 sq ft with home windows on each exterior partitions, the room felt spacious, ethereal and vibrant.
- Parking: Parking is €35/evening.
- Resort/Vacation spot Payment: None.
- Web: Wonderful, capable of stream all through the resort.
- Service: Excellent. Environment friendly, immediate and pleasant. We booked three consecutive one-night reservations (in an effort to use our FHR credit) they usually mixed all of them. The keys labored the entire time with out having to be reset they usually transferred all three $100 credit to the identical tab on the finish, proactively (and precisely) comping every little thing that wanted to be. Pretty miraculous in comparison with what I used to be anticipating. From the housekeepers to the entrance desk brokers and servers, these of us are professionals.
- Turndown service: Nightly, with totally different scorching teas and sweets.
- Cafe Vienna: Situated on the primary flooring, subsequent to the Intermezzo Bar (and sharing some seating). It capabilities as a Viennese-style espresso home with the traditional record of espresso drinks and a pastry counter, then turns into extra of a lounge within the afternoon. Breakfast is served 10am-Midday every day with lunch and snacks from 12pm-6pm (at which level it offers strategy to the bar)
- Intermezzo Bar: Presently the one night restaurant for the resort, it focuses on Austrian requirements and is positioned on the primary flooring subsequent to Cafe Vienna. Closed throughout the day, it opens late afternoon and turns into a lounge/restaurant with good meals and spot-on cocktails. A cool wraparound bar with an enormous chandelier overhead is the centerpiece. Wonderful service. Meals is served from 5pm-10pm (typically 11pm) and the bar stays open later for drinks.
- Parlor: This was the primary dinner restaurant, however it’s now open for breakfast solely and closed for lunch and dinner. Open for breakfast from 6:00am-10:30am every day, ’until 11am on the weekends.
- Spa: There’s a steam room and sauna linked to the health space that features a “leisure room” with loungers. Massages will be organized, however there isn’t something in-house.
- Health Room: Situated within the basement and feels prefer it. It’s a little bit stuffy, particularly with greater than a handful of individuals inside on the identical time. Modestly-sized, it has simply sufficient cardio and weight tools to handle a full exercise.
- Nice Lodge and Resorts Advantages:
- Room Improve: We booked normal rooms and had been upgraded to a ~500 sq ft King Nook Premium room, which was vibrant and beautiful.
- Free Breakfast: Served every day at Parlor Restaurant. Excellent breakfast buffet supplemented by made-to-order egg dishes, waffles and pancakes. There was an on-demand juice bar, included wine service and limitless espresso drinks.
- Property Credit score: $100 in meals and beverage. We got a brand new credit score for every day that we had been there ($300 in whole), one thing that doesn’t all the time occur with back-to-back FHR stays. We used ours on the wonderful cafe/bar for pre-event drinks and appetizers.
- Early Examine-in: 12pm.
- Free WiFi
- Late Checkout: We had been routinely given a 4pm checkout.
- Welcome Amenity: A fruit bowl was ready for us within the room once we arrived. On the second day, when the reservation switched to my spouse’s identify, one other fruit bowl was left as properly.
- Would I keep once more? Completely. The situation is good and it’s a terrific place to burn FHR credit.
Execs and Cons
- Wonderful service
- Spacious rooms
- Feels extra elegant than some Intercontinentals
- Exhausting to think about a greater location in Vienna
- Breakfast is superb with a wide-variety of regional and worldwide choices
- Nice cafe/lounge with good drinks and meals (dear with out having credit, although)
- I’ve heard some complaints that the rooms are dated and may perceive that. They toe the road between “elegant” and “aged.”
- Subpar health space
- No pool
- Many Vienna motels are in historic buildings. This isn’t one in all them.
Intercontinental Vienna King Premium Room (nook)
Eating places – Parlor
Eating places – Cafe Vienna/Intermezzo Bar
Intercontinental Vienna Breakfast
Intercontinental Vienna Widespread Areas
Intercontinental Vienna Health Space
Wish to study extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to electronic mail updates or try our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.