In early January, I went to Scottsdale, AZ with some household to hang around and go to a soccer sport. I’ve spent fairly a little bit of time within the Phoenix space during the last decade or so, however I haven’t had any expertise with the assorted Hyatt properties in Scottsdale itself. Over time, the Andaz has been extremely really helpful by other people within the factors and miles sphere, so this appeared like the right time to present it a attempt.
Andaz Scottsdale Backside Line Evaluation
Everybody in my social gathering loved the Andaz Scottsdale. The overwhelming majority of the resort is in single-story buildings, unfold out over 23 acres of beautifully-managed grounds. Due to this, the vibe is a little more refined and we by no means had that cheek-by-jowl, crowded resort feeling. The inside design of the room was enjoyable and I appreciated that the the resort manages to combine the encompassing desert panorama into the aesthetic of the property. There’s loads of out of doors locations to hang around at, an ideal restaurant and a beneficiant quantity of included actions/lessons. It’s definitely not good and spending even a short while there on money charges, whereas having to pay for parking and resort charges, would get very costly. Nevertheless, on factors, it’s a winner. Thumbs Up
- Worth: Hyatt class 6, with award costs starting from 21,000-29,000 factors per evening. We booked effectively prematurely and paid 21,000 factors per evening for our keep firstly of January. The money worth for the nights that we stayed was ~$650/evening.
- Worth: In season, it normally gives 2-3 cents per level in worth, effectively above our affordable redemption worth for Hyatt factors of two.1 cents every. Moreover, reserving this as a free evening award with the vacation spot payment waived (and parking for those who’re a Globalist) provides some vital worth.
- Location: Andaz Scottsdale has a wonderful location, simply off North Scottsdale Rd, a 6-8 minute drive to Camelback Mountain and across the similar to Previous City Scottdale. Although it’s on Scottdale’s busiest road, smack dab in the midst of a bunch of purchasing facilities, it’s tucked away a number of blocks off the street and feels surprisingly non-public.
- Room: I booked a regular king “Eames” room and utilized a set improve award at reserving, which put us right into a 750 ft, 1-bedroom Sonoran Suite. The room felt even larger than the listed measurement, and had two massive loos, two out of doors patios, two lounging areas and a queen-size pull-out couch. The design was nifty, combining hipster mid-century stylish with extra refined Southwestern touches. My one gripe was an unimaginable to decipher thermostat that was utterly non-intuitive (and I cope with numerous resort thermostats). The room bought fairly chilly in a single day and we needed to name upkeep to return assist us. They had been very useful, however advised us that “everybody has this downside,” which made me really feel like a laminated set of instructions might work wonders.
- Parking: Valet parking is $35/evening (waived for Globalists on award stays). Self-parking is offered open air for $23/evening.
- Resort/Vacation spot Charge: $45 (waived on award stays). Consists of:
- Excursions and entry to Cattle Observe, a neighborhood artist neighborhood
- Free Admission to Scottsdale Museum of Modern Artwork
- Seasonal Welcome Beverage
- Welcome Cookies at test in
- Morning Espresso Service
- Home Automobile Drop-off inside a three mile radius, based mostly upon availability
- Entry to Health Courses
- Resort Bicycles
- Entry to leisure gear together with croquet, corn gap, bocce ball
- S’mores Kits
- Each day Delighters on the Turquoise Pool
- Poolside Sunscreen
- Resort Programming and Actions (Present Actions and Reside Music Calendars)
- Web: Wonderful all through the property, indoor and out.
- Service: Superb general. Requests for service by way of textual content and cellphone had been fulfilled inside minutes. Housekeeping was thorough and unobtrusive. Apart from one grizzled restaurant server, the employees was pleasant and keen to assist.
- Turndown service: Nightly, with candies, salt water taffy and bottles of water.
- Weft Warp Artwork Bar & Kitchen: Unusually good resort restaurant that’s positioned at the back of the primary constructing with a terrific patio that overlooks the pool. That is the place the superb Globalist breakfast is served off the menu. Open for breakfast & brunch each day from 7:00am-1:30pm, blissful hour from 5pm-6:30pm Monday-Friday and dinner from 5pm to 10pm each day. The bar is open each day from 5pm-12am and there’s stay music Thursday – Saturday from 6pm-9pm.
- Turquoise Pool Bar: Normal pool bar positioned within the again nook of the primary pool space. Open each day from 11am-7pm with an all-day menu.
- Spa: The Palo Verde Spa is an intensive, full service spa within the “Retreat” space of the resort. It has its personal pool and cabanas, each of which could be accessed by these which are staying within the Retreat or in a set.
- Health Room: There’s a smallish health room positioned within the Retreat space of the resort, proper subsequent to the spa. For the scale, it’s surprisingly well-equipped, with Pelotons, a Tonal mirror and a full TRX system.
- Hyatt Globalist Advantages:
- Room Improve: I booked a regular room and utilized a set evening award with the intention to be upgraded to a one-bedroom Sonoran Suite.
- Free Breakfast: Served off the menu at Warp & Weft Restaurant. The breakfast was glorious with a wide-variety of Southwestern-inspired dishes. Every day we had small prices left over and, after I requested about them at checkout, they advised me that the Globalist breakfast profit was restricted to $100 per day (which wasn’t communicated at check-in). That stated, they took the remainder of the costs off of the invoice with out me asking.
- Membership Lounge: None.
- Late Checkout: I used to be given a 4pm checkout upon request.
- Welcome Amenity: Native saltwater taffy and different sweet.
- Would I keep once more? Sure. I actually favored the laidback environment and low-rise, desert aesthetic. The grounds are pretty, the suites are spacious and it has a terrific location in Scottsdale.
Andaz Scottsdale Professionals
- Rooms are spacious, comfy and brilliant
- I actually favored the low-rise nature of the resort…most every thing is one story and unfold out
- Good location proper in Scottsdale, near every thing however tucked away
- Wonderful meals and beverage
- General, superb service
- Pretty grounds with out of doors firepits (+ free s’mores) and loads of different hangout areas
- Small, however well-equipped health space
Andaz Scottsdale Cons
- Thermostats had been laughably tough to determine…it amazes me that the problem isn’t pre-emptively handled
- The principle pool space is sweet sufficient, however the different two are small and never very enticing…particularly the extra “unique” one within the Retreat space
- Elite advantages could possibly be higher defined
- Included beverage/snack mini-bar isn’t restocked, in contrast to most Andaz properties
- As a result of the rooms are all on the bottom stage, I noticed a number of the place you’re wanting into the bed room from the walkways
Andaz Scottsdale Sonoran Suite
Sonoran Suite Dwelling Room
Sonoran Suite Bed room
Weft Warp Artwork Bar & Kitchen
Andaz Scottdale Swimming pools
Foremost Resort Pool
Spa and Spa Pool
“The Retreat” Pool
Andaz Scottsdale Grounds
Andaz Scottsdale Health Space
Wish to be taught extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to e mail updates or take a look at our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.