The FM Crew lately had our annual group assembly in considered one of my favourite southeastern cities: Savannah, Georgia. Hyatt has an enviable group of properties in downtown Savannah, together with the large, riverfront Hyatt Regency and a well-regarded pair of boutique properties: the Thompson and the Andaz. I had an additional night time after our assembly, in addition to an expiring Hyatt Class 1-4 free night time certificates. The mix offered a terrific alternative to take a look at the Andaz.
Andaz Savannah Backside Line Evaluation
The Andaz Savannah checks a lot of the packing containers for an pleasing keep in Savannah. It may be booked with a class 1-4 free night time certificates, which may be useful throughout peak season when weekend charges generally prime $400. It’s a small lodge with no ton of frills, however the beautiful, out of doors pool terrace, fascinating location, wonderful elite recognition and included extras make it a worthwhile possibility. Thumbs Up
- Value: Hyatt class 1-4, award costs ranges from 12,000-18,000 factors per night time. I booked utilizing a Hyatt Cat 1-4 Free Evening Certificates. The money value on the night time that I stayed was ~$240/night time.
- Worth: It appears to often supply 1.5-2.5 cents per level in worth, proper round our affordable redemption worth for Hyatt factors of two.1 cents every. Nevertheless, reserving this as a free night time award with the vacation spot payment waived (and parking should you’re a Globalist) provides some vital worth, on account of all the complimentary meals and beverage that’s offered (see under).
- Location: Andaz Savannah has a wonderful location in downtown Savannah on Ellis Sq., proper by Metropolis Market and a block from Bay Road. It’s additionally about two blocks from River Road and the Savannah riverfront.
- Room: I booked a regular king room and was proactively upgraded to a ~540sq ft Andaz Suite. The room included a complimentary snack bar, deep soaking tub and a beautiful view of Ellis Sq.. The one draw back was the numerous noise from music on the neighborhood bars across the sq..
- Parking: Valet parking is $45/night time. Self-parking is offered in a close-by storage for $24/night time.
- Resort/Vacation spot Payment: $33. Consists of:
- Low cost with Previous City Trolley (as much as $21 or extra primarily based on which tickets are bought).
- Complimentary, refillable snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
- 2 day by day appetizers in 22 Sq. Lounge from 5-9pm.
- Day by day beer and wine tasting at 22 Sq. from 5-8 p.m.
- Complimentary champagne on arrival and with 22 Sq. dinner reservation.
- 50% discounted poolside cabana reservations with seasonal infused water.
- Day by day sundown s’mores at firepit space.
- Web: Good all through the property, indoor and out.
- Service: Good general, with wonderful elite recognition and profit explanations. Valet was a bit sluggish and the pronounced friendliness of the service often veered in direction of overkill.
- Turndown service: None.
- 22 Sq. Restaurant and Bar: Situated on the bottom ground, with massive home windows dealing with the sq.. Globalist breakfast is served off the menu right here. Open for breakfast day by day from 6:30am-11am, lunch from 11am-2pm and dinner from 5pm to 10pm. The bar is open day by day from 3pm-12am, 1am on Friday and Saturday.
- Spa: There’s no spa, however there’s an atmospheric out of doors pool space on the third ground with cabanas, desk service and an outside firepit.
- Health Room: There’s a small health room situated by the pool on the third ground. It’s pretty bare-bones with a smattering of weight and cardio gear.
- Hyatt Globalist Advantages:
- Room Improve: I booked a regular room and was proactively upgraded to a ~540 sq ft Andaz Suite with a view of Ellis Sq..
- Free Breakfast: Served off the menu at 22 Sq. Restaurant. Consists of Espresso, juice, entrée, aspect and gratuity. The benedict that I had was wonderful.
- Membership Lounge: None. All friends do get appetizers and beer/wine tastings day by day on the 22 Sq. bar.
- Late Checkout: I used to be robotically given a 4pm checkout
- Welcome Amenity: Native sweet in addition to 50ml bottles of Savannah Distillery vodka and tequila.
- Would I keep once more? Sure. It’s an excellent location and provides further worth as an award given the waived vacation spot payment and meals and beverage add-ons.
Andaz Savannah Professionals
- Good location proper in downtown Savannah on Ellis Sq., however off of the principle drags
- Wonderful added meals and beverage facilities
- Terrific elite recognition
- Cool pool terrace that has an outside firepit with s’mores
Andaz Savannah Cons
- Slightly noisy on the square-facing rooms
- Lame health space
Andaz Savannah Andaz Suite
Andaz Savannah Globalist Welcome Amenity
22 Sq. Restaurant and Bar (elite breakfast)
Andaz Savannah Pool Terrace
Wish to study extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to e mail updates or take a look at our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.