Often, switch bonuses are provided by bank card packages to a selected journey rewards program (ie, Amex Membership Rewards to Asia Miles), however a brand new promo is being provided by Cathay Pacific Asia Miles for factors redeemed from a number of bank card companions. Whenever you switch factors from any of Asia Miles’ companions (that aren’t in Hong Kong), you’ll get a ten% bonus…as much as ten weeks later.
Since this promotion is issued immediately from Asia Miles, you received’t see it whenever you go to the bank card rewards pages to switch factors and registration is required with Asia Miles earlier than transferring.
- Cathay Pacific is providing a ten% switch bonus when changing bank card factors into Asia Miles.
- Expires 3/31/24
Direct Hyperlink to Registration (should log-in)
(Full phrases right here)
- The 2023/24 Factors Conversion Marketing campaign (Relaxation-of-the-world) (“Promotion Provide”)
offered by Asia Miles Restricted (“AML”) is legitimate from 29 December 2023, 00:00 to
31 March 2024, 23:59 (GMT+8), each dates inclusive (“Promotion Interval”).
- This Promotion Provide is simply relevant to members whose most well-liked mailing
nation is exterior Hong Kong (“Chosen Members”).
- Below the Promotion Provide, Chosen Members who’ve fulfilled the next
necessities (“Eligible Members”) can get pleasure from an additional 10% Asia Miles (“Bonus
i. Register for the Promotion Provide by way of the designated hyperlink on or earlier than 31
March 2024, 23:59 (GMT+8); AND
ii. Convert bank card factors (“Factors”) from Eligible Finance Companions (see
definition in Clause 4) into Asia Miles primarily based on the common miles conversion
price (“Eligible Miles Conversion”) inside the Promotion Interval.
- Finance companions exterior of Hong Kong (“Eligible Finance Companions”) confer with
companions that includes below “Different Associate Credit score Playing cards” on the Asia Miles web site >
choose your “Location” > choose “Earn Miles” > choose “Finance & Insurance coverage” below
“Methods to earn” > Click on on “Different Associate Credit score Playing cards”).
- AML will credit score the Bonus Miles earned below this Promotion Provide to Eligible
Members’ Cathay membership accounts inside 8 to 10 weeks after 31 March
2024. In circumstances the place the data submitted by Eligible Members is inaccurate
or inadequate for the aim of delivering the Promotion Provide, AML won’t be
accountable for any compensation after 30 June 2024.
- There isn’t a restrict to the variety of conversions and variety of Factors that may be transformed inside the Promotion Interval.
The phrases say the the bonus miles might take as much as 10 weeks, and the final time Cathay provided this it certainly took that lengthy for some people. So, don’t rely on utilizing the additional 10% as a part of a redemption anytime quickly.
Given the lengthy wait and the comparatively small bonus quantity, this can primarily be helpful for people topping off for particular awards or for individuals who want to mix factors from a number of packages in an effort to attain an award. The issue is that the intense anticipate the bonus signifies that you most likely can’t use it for any availability that you simply see now.
Whereas this particular promotion isn’t terribly engaging (in my view), that is the third time that Asia Miles has provided this multi-partner bonus and do I really like the idea. Hopefully we’re see extra of it sooner or later…with sooner turnaround occasions.
We’ve got added this to our present level switch bonuses.
Greatest Makes use of of Asia Miles
- Oneworld Multi-carrier award: Asia Miles can be utilized for terrific worth on a round-the-world journey (RTW) utilizing a Oneworld multi-carrier award. Oftentimes, a RTW award can find yourself being 50% or extra cheaper when in comparison with the mileage value of reserving the included legs individually. You’ll be able to see the Asia Miles Oneworld multi-carrier chart right here to get an thought of pricing. Most RTW itineraries will worth between 165,000-210,000 Asia Miles.
There are just a few guidelines, the nuts and bolts are as follows:
- You need to use two totally different Oneworld airways if Cathay Pacific shouldn’t be one of many carriers within the itinerary.
- You need to use three or extra Oneworld airways if Cathay Pacific is one of many carriers within the itinerary.
- Whole flight distance can not exceed 50,000 miles
- Most of 5 stopovers
- Most of two layovers
- Most of two open-jaws
- It’s essential to begin and finish in the identical metropolis
- Europe on AA: A one-way American Airways flight from the Midwestern or East Coast U.S. to Europe is 61,000 Asia Miles in enterprise class or 25,000 miles in financial system. Flights from the West-coast are costlier at 75,000 Asia Miles in enterprise or 40,000 in financial system. Taxes and costs one-way are ~$30.
- US to Australia on Qantas: Enterprise class one-way from the US to Australia begins at 75,000-90,000 Asia Miles one-way. Flights to Brisbane worth out at 75,000 miles, whereas flights to Melbourne are 90,000 miles. Sydney is 90,000 from LAX and 75,000 from SFO. It is best to make use of British Airways or Alaska Airways to seek for Qantas award house, then transfer to the Cathay website when you discover availability. Generally, it is necessary to name Cathay. Availability can, after all, be very troublesome to seek out and taxes and costs one-way are ~$420-450.
- Southern South America on AA or LATAM: Enterprise class a method from the US to Chile, Brazil and Argentina is 50,000 Asia Miles one-way on AA or LATAM. Historically, it was greatest to make use of British Airways or Qantas to seek for award house, however LATAM availability on BA has turn out to be tough, both exhibiting phantom availability or none in any respect. Some people have discovered higher luck looking for house on ExpertFlyer. Taxes and costs one-way are ~$30.
- Early Oneworld availability: Cathay Pacific opens up award bookings 360 days earlier than departure, versus 331 days for American Airways. This will help you reserve award seats utilizing Asia Miles nearly one month earlier than AAdvantage members.
Issues to Know
- Tips on how to discover awards: Seek for obtainable house at AsiaMiles.com (you’ll have to create a free Asia Miles frequent flyer account to look). For some awards, it may be simpler to find house on BritishAirways.com first.
- Tips on how to guide awards: Ebook on-line at AsiaMiles.com for Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Iberia, Qatar, Qantas, Alaska and Finnair. All different companions or complicated itineraries (and a few awards for the earlier carriers) ought to be booked by way of cellphone (Asia Miles U.S. workplace is 866-892-2598).
- Key warnings: Gas surcharges are average relying on route and origin, however will be $200-$400 on some carriers.
- Switch from: Amex, Bilt, Capital One, Citi, Marriott
Wish to be taught extra about miles and factors? Subscribe to electronic mail updates or try our podcast in your favourite podcast platform.